For the past seven years I have been developing my architectural skills, leading to receiving qualified Architect status. Through working with many practices I have developed a broad range of presentation, technical and interpersonal skills. During this time, my interest in Spatial Planning and Urban Design has grown, as well as my knowledge base of the opportunities and challenges faced by planning authorities today. In recent times I have found myself becoming frustrated that these skills are only utilised by enlightened developers. I feel that a role within Croydon Council would offer me a chance to work alongside like-minded individuals and really make a positive difference to the built environment.
I am enthused by how propositional the role advertised requires the applicant to be. I am keen to work within & lead a forward thinking team such as this in order for the council to promote urban change to create a more dynamic Croydon. I am particularly interested in landscape design and the integration of listed and heritage buildings into city life.
Through out my BA (Hons) Architecture, and more recently my MA in Spatial Planning and Urban Design at
Throughout previous positions I have worked successfully alongside many council employees as an Architectural Assistant allowing me to build relationships with Planning Officers. I found that by encouraging an open dialogue schemes could be assed and improved through joint ventures before they received planning.
Working in a small practice with multiple projects running simultaneously has ensured I am well practiced in time management. I am able to independently plan my working days and delegate as and when necessary. This will be an important skill when splitting my time between the different elements required in this role.
I feel strongly that the relationship between private Architects and Urban Planners/ Spatial Planners within a local authority can be improved through a more effective and dynamic approach in order to raise the standard of design being submitted. I feel that my previous experience and current approach enables me to be in a great position to encourage this dialogue and empower my colleagues to ask for more.
.... I'd give you the job x
ReplyDelete